Py (Phase 2)
This is the archived eSTREAM Phase 2 page of
- Submitters : Eli Biham and Jennifer Seberry
- Type of algorithm : Synchronous Stream Cipher
- Proposed Environment : Profile 1 (SW)
- Algorithm description :
- Article : Py: A fast and secure stream cipher using rolling arrays, ps
- Article : Pypy: Another version of py, ps
- C source : Py zip, Pypy zip
- API-compliant C code: link
- Changes compared to phase 1 : Py is left unchanged
compared to phase 1. The old phase 1 page can be found here. Additionnally, a new stream cipher Pypy is
- Cryptanalysis :
- Hongjun Wu and Bart Preneel, "Attacking the IV Setup of Py and Pypy", pdf
- Hongjun Wu and Bart Preneel, "Key Recovery Attack on Py and Pypy with Chosen IVs", pdf
- Takanori Isobe, Toshihiro Ohigashi, Hidenori Kuwakado, and Masakatu Morii, "How to Break Py and Pypy by a Chosen-IV Attack", pdf
- Souradyuti Paul and Bart Preneel, "On the (In)security of Stream Ciphers Based on Arrays and Modular Addition", pdf.
- Gautham Sekar, Souradyuti Paul and Bart Preneel, "Weaknesses in the Pseudorandom Bit Generation Algorithms of the Stream Ciphers TPypy and TPy", pdf.
- Eli Biham and Jennifer Seberry, "The Truth on TPy", pdf.
- Other Articles :
- Eli Biham and Jennifer Seberry, "Tweaking the IV Setup of the Py Family of Stream Ciphers -- The Ciphers TPy, TPypy, and TPy6", ps, submitted 2007-01-25.