Hard Problems in Cryptography
Welcome to the Hard Problems in Cryptography wiki, the only existing exhaustive repository containing all known hard problems used in cryptography.
Everyone can contribute to this project, but only after signing up and confirming your email address.
If you are unwilling to sign up, but still would like to contribute, it is possible to send your updates directly to the wikimaster (frederik.vercauteren at esat.kuleuven.be).
Before you begin
One of the main goals of this wiki is to present the hard problems as uniformly as possible. It is therefore absolutely necessary to adhere to the following guidelines. If you think that these guidelines are unclear or incomplete, please contact the wikimaster directly.
The hard problems have been categorized into the following themes:
- Discrete Logarithms: Hard problems related to the discrete logarithm problem in cyclic groups.
- Factoring: Hard problems related to factoring.
- Product Groups: Hard problems related to the discrete logarithm problem in direct products of cyclic groups.
- Pairings: Hard problems related to pairings.
- Lattices: Hard problems related to lattices.
- Miscellaneous: Any problem that does not fit in the above. We will create new sub-domains if necessary.