F-FCSR (Phase 3 Profile 2)
This is the archived eSTREAM Phase 3 page of
F-FCSR. For the latest information on F-FCSR, please go to the eSTREAM
portfolio page on F-FCSR here
- Algorithm Name: F-FCSR-H v2
- Companion Versions: While our focus is on 80-bit keys, the related cipher F-FCSR-16 supports 128-bit keys.
- Submitters : Thierry Berger, François Arnault and
- Type of Algorithm : Synchronous Stream Cipher
- Proposed Environment : Profile 2 (HW)
- Intellectual Property : Free for any use statements
- Algorithm Description :
- Article : Update on F-FCSR Stream Cipher, pdf
Note that the F-FCSR-H algorithm given in this article is referred to as F-FCSR-H v2.
- Submitted C code: zip
- API-compliant C code: link
- Archived Pages: Phase 2 page and Phase 1 page
- Cryptanalysis :
- Francois Arnault, Thierry P. Berger and Marine Minier, "On the security of FCSR-based pseudorandom generators", pdf.
- Hardware Implementation :
- T. Good and M. Benaissa, "Hardware results for selected stream cipher candidates", pdf, submitted 2007-01-02.
- Software Performance : link